40 gall b question German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhit13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a fully cyled fourty gallon breeder tank that is beautiful. I really love the german blue rams i see all the time, but have been timid to try my hand at them. My tank is pretty well stocked but thought id ask opinions on how two gbr s would fit. I do have two other tanks if i needed to swap some fish out.

currently in my 40 b are six blood fin tetra
7 mollies (3 dalmation 3 black 1 balloon)
6 zebra danios
5 albino cories
3 platies
4 albino cories

I run two penguin 350 filters on it and keep it at 75 degrees currently

The danios I think would be too active for the rams. But other then that I don't see a problem. Is the tank heavily planted or are there enough items to set up territories and break the line of sight?

It's fairly well planted, though some of the plants are young and still small. I have several caves and small items in there. I do have two tall artificial plants in there right now just to give some height until the real plants mature.

Ok seems like there is enough to break up lines of sight which can be important if one ram is ready to mate and the other isn't haha. You should be able to keep a pair of rams.

Agreed, go for it. I love my pair of rams in my 40. They do get a bit aggressive at breeding time and chase everything around.

I have danios and rams in the same tank; they ignore each other entirely. Danios stick to the top of the tank. Rams hang around the bottom and amongst the plants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you! I'm getting excited now. Every time I go to the lfs I spend time watching them and really really love them. They def have there own look and there own personalities

Back
Top Bottom