40 Gallon Reef Nuvo all in one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricksreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just consolidated my 20 gallon and 10 gallon reefs into the 40 gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo all in one aquarium.
I must say I love it,clean look,skimmer and bio reactor hidden in the back.Great flow as is but I added two 240 circulation pumps connected to the hydro koralia smart wave to add changing water circulation.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458841100.146599.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just consolidated my 20 gallon and 10 gallon reefs into the 40 gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo all in one aquarium.
I must say I love it,clean look,skimmer and bio reactor hidden in the back.Great flow as is but I added two 240 circulation pumps connected to the hydro koralia smart wave to add changing water circulation.
View attachment 285732

Better pictureImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458841544.493618.jpg

Looks great! What is that reddish coral on the middle right side? Congrats on the upgrade! I'm working on one too and it's very exciting! I need to add some more live rock before I start adding more corals to make sure I have my scape laid out the way I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks,it actually is a sponge.You will love the setup.

Thanks,believe me I was stressing during the process.I rinsed the sand from both tanks using saltwater and was able to keep all my rock under water in a big container during that time.Also had a heater in that container and the one my livestock and corals were in.Took about six hours total to do the change over.
Do love the Nuvo.

Oh I know it's a lot of work , I swapped out a 40g and a 30g into a90g , my biggest problem was the two smaller tanks were in another room so it took me forever to get things done , think it took like 14 hours it seemed it was never going to end .
but in the end it was well worth it.
The only thing I did different was I used new sand , what kind of stock do you have in it?

Right now I have 2 blue green chromis, 1 Court Jester goby, 1 neon goby, 2 Purple Firefish, 1 Percula clown and 1 Maroon white striped clown.
1 peppermint shrimp,1 Blue coral banded shrimp, 2 Scarlet Skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 Sexy shrimp, 1 fighting conch, 3 snails and 6 blue legged hermits.
when you combine two tanks you can end up with possible conflict.I am going to keep a close eye on the two clowns as they get older.

Some really intresting looking pieces in that, uve blended the tanks well! It looks like uve built it up like that..
a brave man using old sand : ) going well tho so congrats.

Thanks,the sand beds were only about seven months old and believe me ,using saltwater,I kept rinsing and rinsing until the water was basically clear.

Back
Top Bottom