40 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, it's been a little over 3 months....

My worst problem at this moment is a couple of 'bubbles' of bubble algae...Ack!!

img_923649_0_0445f014d6bdc57611f09d47c6930c31.jpg

img_923649_1_106ded207727112657659e7361eabd6e.jpg

img_923649_2_2839e235e9fbce22d075213353314bfc.jpg

img_923649_3_4a189b13b6f036370b0471ef0a3d8669.jpg

img_923649_4_4d6f4acfb8520900701432578cc40dd0.jpg

Thanks to all for the advice! :)

Looks very good to me, sorry I can't offer any advice, LOL a freshie here. But I know what I like!

C'mon....you haven't added that sw tank yet?? Think of how entertained Pepper would be....maybe even keep her out of the sink! :clown:

I arranged the rock work rather strange.....I wanted to try to get enough niches to tuck away corals and clams.

Thanks for the nice comments folks!

I love your display....and your clam is wonderful !!! Gads...takes me back too far to care to say...lived in the Marshall Islands and at o.oo tide, my brother & I would walk out on the reef and see those clams...they were all different colors and we always wondered why..have you seen many different types?

Really pretty...

Curly

I love your display....and your clam is wonderful !!! Gads...takes me back too far to care to say...lived in the Marshall Islands and at o.oo tide, my brother & I would walk out on the reef and see those clams...they were all different colors and we always wondered why..have you seen many different types?

Really pretty...

Curly

That would be so cool!! I can't even begin to imagine what that looked like.

I have derasa, maxima and crocea clams. They are really interesting and I think very beautiful too.

Hmmm a new twist. I wonder if Pepper would like SW fish more than FW fish. He does like to watch them move around.

Sorry to be so long in this reply...so hope doesn't sound like hijack...but background for you on our shared passion for clams...Wow...need to do some serious proper name studying so I know which we are discussing...the "wavy" shelled one...natives called it the "killer clam" as they used to get huge and tales of divers getting their feet caught in them when they closed and were drowned ran rampant back then..my Dad had one that was a good two feet across !!! Lawn ornement....

The one that looks like brain was called such...and the one that looks like a tree with lots of branches called "staghorn"..

And yes...it was really cool....too bad I wasn't old enough to really appreciate it...was really scary at times also...maybe I'll do a "Marshal Island" thread someday..HA!!! Give people pause about buying LR for sure.

Anyway...your tank is awsome...a real talent for creating you have...can't wait to learn how you do it..

Curly

Try some emerald crabs for the bubble algae. They worked great for me....However they also worked great eating a Tyree $150 favia so keep an eye on them!

try takin some new pics of the tank without the flash, i think it would make the pictures look nicer.

I was having a devil of a time with my (&*)%^camera.....I'll have to try it again....pssst....I got more corals a couple of days ago and I've got to brag. :)

Back
Top Bottom