40B woop!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got a 40 breeder Woop Woop! LoL Now just to figure out what to do with it. Eventually its going to be a salt water tank. But for now I think I'm going to upgrade the residents and plants from my planted 20g into it. Or just use it as a grow out tank for excess plants and trimmings. Not sure yet. I will be doing a diy stand for it though. One question since this tank does not come with a center brace can I remove the top trim? Probablly not huh? I did it with a 10g I have but that's only 10g of water not 40 LoL. I think this is going to be a fun tank to plant.

Finally got a 40 breeder Woop Woop! LoL Now just to figure out what to do with it. Eventually its going to be a salt water tank. But for now I think I'm going to upgrade the residents and plants from my planted 20g into it. Or just use it as a grow out tank for excess plants and trimmings. Not sure yet. I will be doing a diy stand for it though. One question since this tank does not come with a center brace can I remove the top trim? Probablly not huh? I did it with a 10g I have but that's only 10g of water not 40 LoL. I think this is going to be a fun tank to plant.

Heck yeah it is! I love my planted 40B!

i wouldn't remove the trim, it would immediately void any kind of return with it. you could probably make a clear trim out of acrylic, if you did it while the tank was empty

I think I've figured out how I'm going to brace the glass so I can remove the top piece of trim. Have the glass shop make me 3/8" ish thick tempered glass trim all one piece like a euro style? trim. I figure with the footprint of the tank only loosing only 4"x4" i should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom