5 Gallon "kitchen" planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks nice!! Where did you get the rocks?

Thank you! I got them at Walmart. :) They were on clearance for $3 for a 5 lb bag. I looked in the aquarium section first and it was $2 for a 1lb package. I went to the crafts, and bingo.

I removed the bridge and put it in the tank. Tonight I will do some rescaping and add another pic when I'm done. :)

img_2338930_0_662b4fb0d3b3c2c423a35f6e009131c0.jpg

Edit: I'm already starting to get algae. I have only fed once since I put the Betta in and i dose co2 and ferts very carefully, so I don't think excess nutrients is the problem. I leave my lights on for about 10 hours a day. I'm assuming this is my problem and I need to cut back on that?

Cut your photoperiod back to around 7 hrs. per day. See if that will help with algae reduction. Once you find the right balance in the tank, the algae should be minimal.

Cut your photoperiod back to around 7 hrs. per day. See if that will help with algae reduction. Once you find the right balance in the tank, the algae should be minimal.

Awesome. Thanks. And is it beneficial to scrape algae off the glass? Or should I just let it diminish?

The algae on the glass won't hurt anything. It's just unsightly. It can actually pull a little nitrate from the water!!

Back
Top Bottom