50% fish losses :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys, I would never want to start messing with the water to be honest. My othe tank is the same ph and no issues. I also read that the rasboras would be fine in that pH but I think the guy at the LFS was just trying to put the blame on me, I recall there was one in the tank exhibiting the same behaviour when I'd gone there a few days before. I'll probably be trying source tank mates from elsewhere now

I had the same issue when I complained about some diseased harlequins. I got blamed because 'the pH was too high' when clearly they had something wrong with them. I'd just blame bad stock. As siva said your Betta is probably just getting use to his new home. Sometimes they sulk for days when moved.

That's good to know thanks momma I was getting worried. Will prob get up early off nights to keep an eye on him

Well thankfully I have come home to a nice active betta. Swimming about the tank chasing his reflection lol. Also having a good nose when i was vacumming the left over food hopefully hell eat when i feed him later
I can't see my remaining two cuilli's but I do have extremely tired eyes and they are small.
Now this could be because he's happy or due to the pimafix and melafix I added yesterday, who knows!!

Well Mr Grumpy (aka betta) is out an about acting the king of the tank today! i'm guessing he was showing his disapproval of the change around. at least I know the filter flow is fine as he is all over the tank...whilst writing this I spotted one of the chili rasboras I thought had perished over night and silly betta chased him into the plant pot but got stuck as he couldn't fot through the hole!! Now to spot the second one.....
My new problem is feeding, I cpould only find tetra betta flakes which he has taken into his mouth and then spit out promptly...hmmm do I have a fussy eater?
He is still swimming away from my finger on the glasss but he doesn't flare which I guess is good thing :D

So glad to hear he's doing better! Personally I wouldn't use Pima at all, but Mela can be helpful to aid in healing of damaged fins, etc. If you did a full dose of MelaFix you need to get it out of the tank. Betta's can only handle 1/5 the recommended dose. Hence the product BettaFix, which is the exact same thing as MelaFix, but 1/5 as strong.

No I only used 1ml of melafix I did my research first I bought it in incase of issues in my other tank again.
Yes it's great he's ok I just need to bolster the number of rasboras as my two are hiding constantly but I've just sourced a seller online so will try them I think

Oh yes just an update I purchased some more chili rasboras today, and I tested their water myself. Their ammonia was almost green, and the nitrate was blood red!!
Ok so there is a large difference in pH min is 7.6 and theirs is 6! But thier water has a bleachy smell to it oh we'll majorly slow acclimatisation and no stinky LFS water in my tank!
I would've bought from elsewhere but there weren't any stockists near by who had them.

Back
Top Bottom