50% water change trites still high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you very much I'll do exactly that defiantly getting better at least there going down by them selves now and not with water changes lol

Just an update yesterday added ammo to 3ppm tested today 24 hours and ammo and nitrites were 0 :) today is 4ppm if it 0s tomorrow I'll do it 1 more time I guess then I assume it's fishie time

Another update after 4ppm ammo dose 24 hours ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrates very very high :)

ForumRunner_20130527_093756.jpg

Time for a big wc or two! Well, the day before you plan on stocking anyway! If you do not plan on buying fish for a bit, just continue to dose ammonia. The night before stocking, do a 90+% wc with temperature matched, properly conditioned water. Make sure your filters off before doing the wc and wait 10mins or so before turning them back on. Let everything run for half an hour then retest your nitrates. If they are not down to your tap level for nitrates, do another big wc (repeat above). It sometimes can take 2-3 wcs to drop nitrates when they are very high so do not get discouraged! Do not add any ammonia! Your bb will be fine for a night with none. That's about it! Please ask if you have questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom