55 FOWLR coraline question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

americanbambam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi y'all

Haven't been on here for a bit, so its good to be back.

Ive had my 55 FOWLR set up for over 2 years now and at the end of 2012 I got a new job that was very demanding and the fact is I neglected my tank for a period of several months doing nothing but the bare min.

While I only had 2 chromis in there (which are still alive) I did have a lot of coraline algae that I think has spread over to the other rocks. its a deep purple in color or even a deep red and even some lighter purples.

can I assume my coraline algae has spread? I do (did) have some nasty purple slimly algae that I have since dealt with.

Also, my expensive bottle of purple up has expired in March of 2013. Would anyone on here risk using it?

Thanks and its good to be back. I didn't post much but I read a lot and I'm seeing some familiar faces.

Hey welcome back lol.

The purple up is probably still more than fine to use however that's up to you to decide. Would you use a bottle of ketchup 3 months out of date? A lot of people do and would!

The coralline has spread by the sounds of it but then again if you're using an additive that's probably no surprise. This doesn't mean however that your water quality is good.

Back
Top Bottom