55 Gallon Goldfish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good idea! Its something Ive been considering but my husband is pretty fed up with the fishtanks (and pond project) right now so Im going to have to wait a bit before broaching any new 'additions' to my present setups... :)

jlk said:
Good idea! Its something Ive been considering but my husband is pretty fed up with the fishtanks (and pond project) right now so Im going to have to wait a bit before broaching any new 'additions' to my present setups... :)

Ha ha! :) I understand! Ok, I am super excited now. Thank you! 

Zombie pics

Attachments

• image-4194976870.jpg
    image-4194976870.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-86421771.jpg
    image-86421771.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 57
So I have a white lionhead, an orange lionhead, a calico telescope, and an orange butterfly tail telescope.

Attachments

• image-4229312475.jpg
    image-4229312475.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1104424992.jpg
    image-1104424992.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 55
I would NOT add any additional fish. Your fish need as much room as possible to grow to their true potential. Even with a sump, it's less room in the main tank.

They will grow faster, the more room they get and the best tank conditions will all help.

I think diet has been mentioned ?
Shelled frozen/defrosted peas
Blanched greens and veggies romaine, spinach, zucchini, etc...

The day before a big water change you can offer a slice ( with peel on) of Orange. Messy, but good for them.

Use a veggie clip or SS fork to hold food still.

Coursair said:
I would NOT add any additional fish. Your fish need as much room as possible to grow to their true potential. Even with a sump, it's less room in the main tank.

They will grow faster, the more room they get and the best tank conditions will all help.

I think diet has been mentioned ?
Shelled frozen/defrosted peas
Blanched greens and veggies romaine, spinach, zucchini, etc...

The day before a big water change you can offer a slice ( with peel on) of Orange. Messy, but good for them.

Use a veggie clip or SS fork to hold food still.

Thank you! I thought about the space and appreciate knowing how that impacts the overall picture.
I am going to buy ingredients for hand made gel food tomorrow! ::excited::
I just tried the orange. Pwc is today!
You guys are awesome.

I might build a sump anyway so that I can leave the tank unmolested by the pwc hose.
Would that be a bad idea for any reason?

Theres pros & cons to anything you do with tanks. Honestly, I think a sump is a great addition to a goldfish tank because they are messy creatures (why i want to add them). Its not going to eliminate doing pwcs though- they are a must do for any tank to be healthy. If your looking for good gel food recipes, check out The GAB (goldfish & aquarium board). I make my mine own, too! :)

jlk said:
Theres pros & cons to anything you do with tanks. Honestly, I think a sump is a great addition to a goldfish tank because they are messy creatures (why i want to add them). Its not going to eliminate doing pwcs though- they are a must do for any tank to be healthy. If your looking for good gel food recipes, check out The GAB (goldfish & aquarium board). I make my mine own, too! :)

That is where I got these! :)
What I meant was that I could pull the water out of the sump during pwcs.

You know what, I honestly have no idea because I dont have one! Just a wild guess here, but because the water flow to the sump would need to be turned off for a water change to prevent your house from being flooded, it may prove a bit difficult to just change the water in it. ??? I would ask in the hardware section. You will still need to do grav vacs on occasion though to suck up debris & waste. I do want to know how this turns out if you try this! :)

Back
Top Bottom