55g betta sorority tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
What light are you thinking?? Sorry, I saw a mention of plants so I figured I should follow along....

What light are you thinking?? Sorry, I saw a mention of plants so I figured I should follow along....
I'm not sure yet. Cause in the winter I cover the slider door with a blanket. I don't wanta go too strong of a light. A lot of the plants will be low light and I don't wanta burn them.

I'm not sure yet. Cause in the winter I cover the slider door with a blanket. I don't wanta go too strong of a light. A lot of the plants will be low light and I don't wanta burn them.

A beamswork should do the trick.

A single DA-FSPEC would be a good choice, cheap and not overly powerful

A beamswork should do the trick.

A single DA-FSPEC would be a good choice, cheap and not overly powerful
Crap! Probably a change of plains on the light. Unless I put the rolata mini in my 75g. Did some research on that plant and a lot say high light and to plant it. Mine's not planted. It's just wrapped around my wood. When I got it the seller said it's a moderate plant, medium light, and temp 62-75. And that it can grow submerged. And another thing is my temp is 80. Do you think it will be ok? I don't wanta burn my other plants. And to top it all off I'm gotta have some floating plants. They don't have to cover completely. So what's your thought on This? Think I can still go with that light. Any other suggestions? Maybe add a clip on light in the middle for it or something.

Here is the PAR data for the DA-FSPEC:
Beamswork DA FSPEC and DHL 6500k PAR/LUX/Kelvin/PUR Data - The Planted Tank Forum

Should be enough to keep that plant alive, but CO2 and ferts would likely need to be in good working order.

Don't worry about the temp, I have similar plants in temps from 60 through 86 with no issues. They just grow slower in cooler water. As long as it's liquid water they are good to go.

Floaters are always nice, just keep them at bay or build a floating containment piece to keep them in.

If you like the red look and want a "lower" light plant look into some ludwigias, "super red" should grow fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom