55gl reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Doing a water test on the tank and re staining the stand I took time and went and got everything I thought I would need.. Everything but the sand! Not sure if I wanna do black sand or a mix of black with white..hope the skimmer fits in the sump or I am going to be a lil aggitated!!

Attachments

• image-2799724888.jpg
    image-2799724888.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 66
If I remember correctly,icing the black and white sand doesn't work well over time. The black is heavier and magnetic, it'll probably end up at the bottom and prevents the use of mag floats. The color also dulls with time. Not trying to persuade you from it, just what I discovered while researching it for a future build of my own.

If I remember correctly,icing the black and white sand doesn't work well over time. The black is heavier and magnetic, it'll probably end up at the bottom and prevents the use of mag floats. The color also dulls with time. Not trying to persuade you from it, just what I discovered while researching it for a future build of my own.

I prefer white sand my self. Looks more natural IMO + 1 to Sniperhank

Yea I agree also ! I have white sand in all my other tanks so I was trying to spice my substrate up a lil bit for this one :) I'm glad to see my return pump came with a ball valve so I can manage the flow becouse I think that it might be a bit powerful

I think I already ran into a problem.. This wet dry has a maximum water level marker and my skimmer water level adjuster is right on it.. This is my first time with a protein skimmer so I don't know if this will be a problem..

Attachments

• image-2845898009.jpg
    image-2845898009.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 61
That seems to be a coupling "T" you could pipe out - 90 elbow down - and add a small piece of pipe to lower the entrance.

Back
Top Bottom