5gall Planted log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I finally talked my mom into letting me set up the good-ole 5gall "bowfront" :)
mainly the reason for her letting me was because the 75 didnt happen...alright with me I guess... I was really missing my planted aquariums...
I know its a little small but it will do!
So I set it up last night with the quarts gravel, aquaclear 50, mini heater, and some driftwood. Let it run all night and today I ran to petsmart (had to buy a new heater for the 29... the old one died :goofy:
anyways, so I picked up two HUGE things of cryptocoryne wendtii... each for only $4.99 :eek: then a small bit of cabomba... well I have way to much crypt' wendtii but it will keep the tank looking nice until my paycheck comes in (I had to borrow $$ from my little sister LOL)
anyways... pictures shortly
I will be updating this every so often, as the plants grow in or as I get new ones :)
wish me luck!

img_833754_0_bddfd063be67ff7e9d0bd4765998af5d.jpg

img_833754_1_7d0b862a33b2ca36baa01dceaa584455.jpg

img_833754_2_cdb143a606d7cdbc794796ae14d06c25.jpg

then one of today
(new aquascape)
img_833754_3_a3a64cd521b225753bb7ca64f0a13c81.jpg

still a little cloudy...

I have WAY to much wendtii LOL I need to get rid of some..., I want to get some akterntnera reineckii in there if possiable, as well as some heteranthera zosterifolia, maybe some eleocharis parvula or sagittaria pusilla or rotala wallichi... I dont know I am quite open, I just want a wide variety of plants :D

I actually really like the way it looks with a lot of only a few plants. I'd really recommend just adding a foreground plant and letting it grow in to see how you like it. It's so easy to add too many plants to these small aquariums and end up with them looking overly cluttered and small.

Thank you for the compliments :)
I think I will just get something for the front... maybe dwarf sag?
I think I might still get some alternthera reineckii or something as I was some red plant... but if I do it will only be a small...very small bit. I do like it the way it is and again, thank you for the compliments.
It has just one 20 watt, 6,500 k bulb on it (took the second fixture off, mom didn't like to to much)

Back
Top Bottom