6 Gallon with Celestial Pearl Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

Wanted to put a few pictures up of my nano FW as i have had a lot of advice from many people off the forums (y)

As you can see i have tried to go with a natural theme with plenty of cover as the CPDs aren't half shy sometimes so its all about giving them a good environment.

There are 9 CPDs in there somewhere but i always take the pics at night so the low light conditions mean i cant run a fast shutter to catch the fish clearly but ill try again when i get chance.

Let me know what you think, im working the folks round to getting a bigger tank for some more colourful fish (y)

6G Aquarium 1 by Pandy100, on Flickr

6G Aquarium 2 by Pandy100, on Flickr

Thanks
Andy

That's one awesome tank!!! I bet the CPDs are pretty, are they? However great aquascaping:)

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Im really pleased with the aquascaping, i did originally only have the middle rock in but went to pick up the last 3 CPDs today and grabbed the small and far left rock and i think its made the world of difference.

The CPDs are great :D They were quite pale when i introduced the first 6 but after a week the red really started to pop, and the latter 3 have joined the school really well, its great to see them all together!

We are a couple of weeks down the line and i think i need to add some extra cover for the fish, as they very rarely come out in a big group unless the lights are off :( Its not a shock to me as they are such a shy breed, and due to its position there is a bit of human traffic infront of the tank, but i would like to give them something to break the line of sight.

I'm probably looking at some more tall plants along the back edge and some lower plants in the foreground, but i have a few queries if anyone can lend a hand please :)

Firstly, will the heater be ok with plastic plants infront and around it? I guess it doesnt actually get that hot but its better to be safe than sorry.

Secondly, As i am adding more plants ill obviously be removing some water space but this shouldn't be a problem should it? I can fill it up quite high as i only have the filter on low as apparently their natural habitat is quite still (water quality levels are all perfect, my one concern is oxygen content though)

And finally, does anyone see a problem with plastic plants or am i wiser to try a few real ones? I had some in there before when i had the goldfish in but they didn't last too long with those plus i have an LED light which i guess isn't brilliant for healthy plants?

Sorry for the long post :lol:

Cheers
Andy

Depending on your room temp, you may not need the heater. CPD's thrive at 70-74F. Otherwise, yes it should be fine with plants around it.

No, that's not a problem. They love a nicely planted tank.

They'll appreciate the live. ;) Go with stuff really easy to grow, if you're worried, like anubias and java fern.

Sorry guys I didn't see your posts, I have no idea what the plants are they are just fake ones from my LFS.

I have a little update though, purchased some red cherry shrimp earlier and a few more fake plants (I know I want real but not sure he to convert) and it looks much better, and the CPDs are more active even if it's just out of curiosity lol

DSC05180 by Pandy100, on Flickr

DSC05163 by Pandy100, on Flickr

You can just see two of the shrimp in the second picture :)

very Nice tank! I am doing something similar with my setup. I just removed white clouds because I want to go smaller and CPD's are my choice. here's a few pics of inhabitants...

IMG071.jpg

IMG074.jpg

IMG069.jpg

keep us posted. and try to get us some closeups of the fish. Once I stock them, It's gonna be even harder to pry my eyes away from the tank.

Love that crab mate :cool:

I had a big clean last week due to me losing and few fish, which i think was down to the PH levels, so i have had a re-scape and introduced some Vietnamese Minnows to the mix. They have really brought the CPDs out and i finally have some life in the tank :D

Im also waiting on a light to come in at my local LFS as i want to remove the lid (which is the cheapest thing going - plus i've cut it to bits to fit it around the HOB filter) so that should help with the lighting as its all central at the minute.

Couple of pics of it now, excuse the slight murk to the water, it was after i cleaned it :)

FTS

New FW tank layout by Pandy100, on Flickr

Little shrimp

Mr Shrimp by Pandy100, on Flickr

Video of the fish together

Back
Top Bottom