6 weeks old..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

formanbob

Aquarium Advice Activist
What can I put in my 30g tank, I have 35 pounds of LR 250w MH and I want to stock it with something that will live. I am trying to avoid most fish right now, Eventually I want a small reef with some fish, I have 4 hermits one emerald. Remember it is only 6 weeks old..

Are you ready for fish? What are your water parameters? If you want to have a reef eventually (you have plenty of light) stick with reef safe fish. clowns, firefish, royal gramma, gobies are all good choices. Test water parameters first and add fish very sowly.

My ph was low, around 8.0 the rest was good, I don't have the # in front of me..But it is a new tank but I want some cool critters, some that can take well to a new tank.

A cleanup crew can be an interesting collection of critters. I plan to add snails, hermits (in spite of mixed reviews) and a starfish or two (peppermint shrimp sooner or later) before going to fish.

I'll let them fight the various new tank problems i've been reading about: diatoms, algae, etc. If I don't have any of those problems (?!?!?!?!?) I'll just feed them in prep for fish arrival. First fish: jawfish, probably....

A cleanup crew can be an interesting collection of critters. I plan to add snails, hermits (in spite of mixed reviews)
I have never had any trouble with my hermits. I love them. I have blue leg and scarlet reef hermits. They are a blast to watch. People that see my tank are just amazed by the little crabs walking all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom