6500k t8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trillistjay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The color is lame. I also hav a 8000k that looks alot better. I hav amazon swords and a anubis nana. I just bought leaf zone because i read bad reviews abt root tabs. But should my plants thrive under the 8000k

They will do fine under that color. I do not find the spectrum all that important, the amount of light is far more important.

trillistjay said:
The color is lame. I also hav a 8000k that looks alot better. I hav amazon swords and a anubis nana. I just bought leaf zone because i read bad reviews abt root tabs. But should my plants thrive under the 8000k

Anything between 6500K & 10kK is good. Swords are heavy root feeders, so root tabs are advisable. Not sure what you heard bad about them, but they make all the difference in my tanks even for plants that don't really require them.

Ok so flourish tabs or root tabs. All my stuff is api but the root tabs say 1 dose depending on tank size per month and flourish tabs are 1 every 3 months

trillistjay said:
Ok so flourish tabs or root tabs. All my stuff is api but the root tabs say 1 dose depending on tank size per month and flourish tabs are 1 every 3 months

Not sure what the flourish tabs are (gonna check em out :D), but I put in root tabs once a month. I judge it by how my plants are doing and that seems to work for me. I also dose with flourish comprehensive ferts for plants like java fern/moss.

Back
Top Bottom