6ft tank - advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carapetty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently picked up a 6ft tank, so excited I can finally have clown loaches! :grin: Have been spending some time thinking about what I would eventually like to have in it (Will be quite a while before its set up and ready for fish!:sad:) and have come up with a list but would like to know if this would be too many fish and if they would be ok together. Also what would be good to start with?.... Any advice greatly appreciated!

Tank size - 6ft(W) x 15in(D) x 18in(H)

Would definately like to have
Clown Loach x 6
Black Ghost Knifefish x1
Silver Sharks x 5 or 6

Would also like
Congo Tetra x 6-10
Angel fish x 1-2

Many thanks

That only comes out to about 85 gallons, I didn't even know they made a 6' tank that small. Are you sure the tank is 72" and not 60"?

I don't think you can have what you have listed in there. Stocking depends on many things besides tank size alone (PM me for an article on stocking an aquarium). The fish listed get big. By silver shark I assume you are talking about bala aka tricolor sharks. These and the clown loaches can hit 10-12" each, twelve would be way too much for an 85 gallon tank.

I hate to break it to you but this tank doesn't seem to allow for your dream tank. A trio of clown loaches, maybe the tricolor sharks, and if you do enough water changes you may be able to have a few other little things in there.

Oh well, will have to keep dreaming about the silver sharks and decide on something else for now! Am sure it is 72", is second hand as someone was getting rid of it for free! Hence its going to take some time as have to buy everything else to set up first.
Thanks very much for replying!

Back
Top Bottom