75 Gallon Build - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm awful at updating this thread!

Well, the Midas blenny died. I beleive he must have had an internl parasite that I didn't nix in quarantine, and he just wasted away slowly, despite eating well for the most part.

Also, the Lubbock's wrasse and Carpenter's wrasse died as well. I finally figured out the melanarus was bullying them to the point they were always stressed. Unfortunately, I did not recognize the situation in a timely manner. The melanarus was relocated at first to my 37, which I replaced in mid-May with a 40 breeder. I got a smokin' deal on the drilled tank ($25) and the stand ($15). I also acquired a neon psuedochromis, whcih I also later removed to the 40 breeder. That fish is definitely a pint-sized terror. It's also hyper.

I ended up replacing the Midas with a new one, named "Doodle." (The old one's name was "Noodle.")
41906-albums2492-picture59275.jpg

I also replced the Lubbock's. This is the color form I'm more used to seeing.
41906-albums2492-picture59276.jpg

In the right light, he's more lime green on his back and purple on his sides.

New guys include an exquisite wrasse. . .
41906-albums2492-picture59279.jpg

A royal gramma. . .
41906-albums2492-picture59278.jpg

And a line spot flasher wrasse. . .
41906-albums2492-picture59277.jpg

The exquisite, Lubbock's, and royal gramma all went in the display on June 13. The line spot flasher went in July 2. For some reason, my tomini tang like to run the royal gramma every so often. The exquisite and the line spot are almost buddies.

I came very close to buying the largest lemopel angel I've ever seen - about the size of my hand. I came to me senses no wanting the corals to be lunch. I was also considering getting a McCosker's wrasse, but he was pretty small, and I was worried about the exquisite bullying him. Right now everyone is gettign along well.

Doing some maintenance the weekend before last, I decided to pull the U-tube on my overflow and clean it. I must say I have been negelctful of that. It was coated with coraline, but that had hair algae and bubble algae growing on top of it (and therefore inside of the coraline) almost blocking the U-tube. I cleaned it out and was able to turn my return pumps up quite a bit.

I did have my deresa clam look like this last night, right befoer I had to leave on a business trip:
41906-albums2492-picture59269.jpg

No signs of pests or picking, but very worrisome. I had my wife text me a pic this afternoon to check on it, and it looks 100% better today:
41906-albums2492-picture59268.jpg

I upgraded my ATO pump from an aqualifter to a Maxi Jet 600. the aqualifter could not keep up with evaporation.

I also removed the Maxi Jet from the tank where I was using it as a circulation pump and repaced it with a Korallia 1050.

I think that catches me up now!

Back
Top Bottom