75G Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ealanger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm currently in the process of stocking my 75G tank. It has a Fluval 110 HOB. I have already cycled it, so now I'm just adding fish slowly.

I currently have a sailfin pleco and plan to add an Oscar and a JD.

Would It be too much to add a Green Terror or a Severum? I don't want to overstock the tank.

That oscar will get huge too. I always figure about 35 gallons per large cichlid. If you add a third plus the pleco you might find you need more filtration too. And you may go from doing weekly water changes to twice a week to keep the water parameters in check. Oscars are especially dirty eaters. And def look into adding a sponge filter

Yeahhh, I'm aware that the pleco and the Oscar tend to have large bioloads. I'm starting everything as a juvenile and know that I will probably have to upgrade to a canister later on. I will definitely look into sponge filters.

I'm not worried about the aggression as much as the filtration capability. I've done research on both so I could plan the best order to introduce and try to prevent aggression (though there's not guarantee).

Back
Top Bottom