8g halfmoon scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcal01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I decided to work on this scape while this tank finishes up cycling. I went to my lfs today and bought some stones and the dw was just some old piece that was in my pond. The substrate is normal amazonia on the bottom and powder type amazonia on top. Let me know what you guys think. Please excuse the murky water. I just have some frogbit, needle leaf Java fern, ambulia clippings and some guppy grass in there now. Planning on putting in some bacopa, rotala, crypts, and probably some baby tears

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120723_224429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120723_224429.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 97
tropicalmackdaddy said:
Nnoooo not TPT lol
I like it, but alittle more plant mass. Whats going to be in it?

Oh definitely more plants. IM going to let the needle leaf jf take over that left corner and i was thinking some bacopa for the right corner and then a big barclata longofolia in the middle. Then aonw glossos and crypts for foreground and midground. IM putting my betta in there and maybe some freshwater bumblebee gobies

Tcal01 said:
Oh definitely more plants. IM going to let the needle leaf jf take over that left corner and i was thinking some bacopa for the right corner and then a big barclata longofolia in the middle. Then aonw glossos and crypts for foreground and midground. IM putting my betta in there and maybe some freshwater bumblebee gobies

Awesome! Update when everything grows in!

Tcal01 said:
Any other suggestions for plants or betta tankmates?

Hhmm id say some red crypts would look good, bacopa sp.japan, rotala sp. sunset, and the betta tankmates kinda depend on your bettas personality. Its kinda of a hit and miss, but really you could try some micro fish, and see how they do

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Hhmm id say some red crypts would look good, bacopa sp.japan, rotala sp. sunset, and the betta tankmates kinda depend on your bettas personality. Its kinda of a hit and miss, but really you could try some micro fish, and see how they do

The bacopa sp. Japan sounds like a good idea. I figured thar would be the response regarding tankmates lol. My betta is pretty chill so i think the BB hoboes will work. What if i tie some moss to the dw

Back
Top Bottom