90 Gal Set-up...Finally!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
So its been a long road from having and thinking I was going to finish my 250 gal FW tank to selling it for a profit and gaining a 90 as partial trade, but I got it all set up. Im still not totally happy with the scape (who is, right). Here goes and if I can find more batteries for my camera I will post better pics.

SDC12373.jpg

To Do List:
Add a top
Inexpensive lighting
Replace the wally world filters with 2x AC100's or whatever they are now.
Might add some more DW
Replace heater
Eventually stain the stand and paint the rim black...eventually is the key word.

It is stocked right now with:
1x Blood Parrot
1x Male Kribensis (been with the BP forever so i couldnt break them up)
1x Common Pleco (had him over a year and hes only 4 inches)
4x Gold Barbs
7x Black Skirt tetras
10x Tiger Barbs

If I go by the stocking calc. on aqadvisor my current stocking is good (I always leave out the CP since that thing hates them). I plan on taking advantage of the black friday 25% off sale at my LFS and adding 1 more Blood Parrot and 3 roseline sharks (dennison barbs) as well as improving the filtration as stated above and when I do this I will make the stocking calc. mad in terms of over stocking but my filtration will be fine and I wont be too worried ;-) Thanks for the help from those before and those ahead.

Update:
Got my Blood Parrot and 5x sterbai cories.

Realized after I got home that my QT filter had stopped working so I figured that id just put them in the main tank and crank the heat up (slowly of course). After looking closer, what did I see? My new BP has three white dots on his tail...ugh!!! Sunday I am selling my 29 gal so I can buy a new heater and start treating the tank with heat and water changes, but its annoying. Happy to have my fish pretty much close to stocked (my first BP is a little peeved right now but he'll get over it).

Yeah, unfortunately its gonna turn out like that. Ive seen spots like that before that have turned out to be nothing, but more than likely thats what it is.

I really don't think that melafix will do anything for ich, unless they changed the formula.

I agree with ChizerBunoi. Melafix wouldn't do anything. I would recommend you to get Ich+. If you don't have Ich+ in your lfs, then buy an (obviously) Ich medicine.:rolleyes:

Update:
Added a few more rocks and one piece of dw.
I also added another BP (from the previous pic), 20 tiger barbs (10 reg/10 albino).
I upgraded my heater to a visi-therm 250w, but still have some other heaters in there as im still fighting ich, but it seams like everything is coming along.
I am in the process of trying to get a good deal on an ac100 (as im a little overstocked and underfiltered) but I ended up buying a new gun (priorities right) Hopefully ill have them in January, but well see.

Here are some updates pictures with my horrible camera:
SDC12399.jpg
SDC12400.jpg
SDC12402.jpg

Chad... glad to have you back around! Tank is coming together great! Looking forward to more updates....

whats the news on Chad Jr? Hope everything is going well!

hi man, nice set up in there, like the way u got places for them to hide, i could do with a few more bits in my tank, only got x2 fake flowers and a crocodile head in there. what is the size of your tank in inches? mines 24 inches long and 15 inches high, not sure how many gallons my tank holds.

Update :
Got one of the ac110's set up last night and that was a pain because I had to drain the tank like 70% so I could scoot the whole thing 1 inch to get it to fit but its cool cuz I had to do a large water change anyways since my ich is almost gone. Things are definitely almost done.

Just needs to get my other 110 and 3 roselines.

Back
Top Bottom