90 gallon Stingray tank & 40 gallon Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AClark318

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the community, I have two tanks. The 90 has Motoro stingray, dragon fish (Goby), Lima Catfish and a Zebra Pleco.
My 40 has two blood Discus, five Rose line barbs, two Cory cats (green), rope fish, stingray looking Pleco for got the name, three bamboo shrimp and both have ghost shrimp that don't stay on the food chain for long.
I've been doing this for about 2 and a half years.
Here to help and learn, cheers.

:welcome: to the AA community!

I don't know much about rays, but I have heard that they need 180+ gallons. I love Zebra Plecos, but they are way too expensive for me. Same with discus. Also, not trying to be the bad guy, but I think discus need a 55 gallon.

bud29 said:
:welcome: to the AA community!

I don't know much about rays, but I have heard that they need 180+ gallons. I love Zebra Plecos, but they are way too expensive for me. Same with discus. Also, not trying to be the bad guy, but I think discus need a 55 gallon.

I have a 240 gallon sitting in the shed just waiting to finish the lid and lighting, then I'm moving the aquascape to the 90 and ray to the 240. My ray is only about 7-9inches right now. My filtration systems are way more above the required. The discus are young too, just now working up the guts to give them a shot. Their filtration is also way above the required. Thanks and I know, I would say the same!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Is the 'stingray looking pleco' a hillstream loach?

Yes! Thank you for calling that out, I took a gamble not knowing much about him. A well planted tank can't hurt any fish though.

OK, nevermind. You just said it was the hillstream loach. They are not a good tankmate for discus because they like cold water and discus like very warm water.

bud29 said:
Does your pleco look like this?

Yes, and I had never seen one till a couple weeks ago. Pretty sweet fish for 11.99.

bud29 said:
OK, nevermind. You just said it was the hillstream loach. They are not a good tankmate for discus because they like cold water and discus like very warm water.

I have the temp set at 84, lowest I think I can go with discus. My local pet shop had them in the discus tank, I assumed they'd be fine.

Thanks bud! I may have to find a different means of Pleco for the scape.

Hillstream loaches are pretty sweet. Hard to take care of from what i have heard because they have specific requirements with temperature and flow.

Back
Top Bottom