90 gallon switch :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

branw1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's my situation.... I have 2 90 gallon tanks built into the wall side by side. Both are currently set for freshwater. I want to first switch one tank to saltwater and then down the road, the other.
After much reading I have decided definitely to go with a sump. I plan to put my sump in my basement underneath since it would be easy access and easy to do water changes etc. It's seems the sizes are from 20-40 gallons. Anyone have any recommendations on a sump tank size for me and would bigger be easier to start with so I can some day have both 90s running on one sump????

I have watched so many videos on DIY sumps and plumbing and have made some sense of it. My husband is much better at understanding plumbing concepts etc so he will be helping me. There are just so many ways to go about it. It's really overwhelming. One of our local reef stores is having an info session this Sunday for beginners so hopefully they can steer me the right way.

Thanks in advance for your patience with this newbie ;)

For sumps the bigger the better. More water volume helps keep water parameters more stable. Can be any container that holds water. Check out Mr. X's build thread. You can see examples of other types of sump containers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom