95 watt t5 corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright. I did the math and it puts me at just under 4 watts per gallon. Its like 3.89 per gallon.

Watts is old school need to test PAR to see what you can keep. But, if you want to go old school by using watts try out some LPS corals. Anemones need about 6 watts plus and SPS can be higher than that

Yeah I`m staying away from Anemones, I saw a post were an Anemone had ate a cleaner shrimp. The corals I`m looking at is frog spawn, mushrooms, and I`m looking some sort a branching coral, like a sea fan.

Odyssey fixtures are known to catch fire i believe, you would have to do a google search and see if anybody has tested the PAR. If you are going to go T5's look into ATI

They have made improvements since then and the newer ones have great reviews. This is the 2013 model and it has good reviews. I was on a budget and I plan on upgrading my lights any way as soon as I get the money.

I already have the lights, that`s why this thread was started about the corals. I have left them on a whole day and they have not gotten any hotter the the lights that originally came with the tank.

I had lps and softies in my 29 gallon under 78 watts of t5 HO. You should be ok with those, I even added a Monty cap and it did pretty well. I have switched to LEDs but I kept a hammer for 8 months with my previous lights and it doubled in size in that time.

Alright thanks. I really like the lights I'be got. My tank is only a 25. I'll stick to softies and lps then.

Thank you to everybody that has helped :)

Softys and some lps will be good I have a 24 g under 80watt pcs with Softys and a candy cane which started with 4 heads and now has 11 so u should be fine...

Sounds good. I'm defiantly sticking to softies and lps. Glad to hear your candycanes r doing good, I was interested in those as a one coral.

Yea there growing and color is great not brownish from low watt lights .so you should be fine..

I think the corals I`m getting for sure is frogspawn, Kenya tree, mushrooms, and a candy cane. Depending on how those grow, I`ll look into diffrent kinds

Back
Top Bottom