a brand new biotope!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I call it lake willow's living room.

Upon cleaning tanks today, i worked over my 5 gal hex and got a phone call mid-refill.... needless to say, i was not paying attention.

Thus, i ended up with about, oh, say, 5 gallons of H2O on the floor before i realized what was going on. Nice, eh?

The inhabitants included zebra danios and anacharis. It is actually quite interesting with the tile bottom.

/e returns to mopping up.

I think most of the people who own tanks for a while end up having this issue sooner or later...
I once was doing water change on my 30 gal, when someone rang at the door, and it happened to be a cute girl who wanted me to get another telephone operator...Now you don't just say: ''Excuse me, but I'm busy'' to cute girls do you? So when I got back upstairs my 30 gal was only filled for 2/3 and there was 10 gallons of water on my bedroom floor...lucky I didn't have carpet

Yep I was adding water to my 75 gallon sump one day performing a water change. As I waited I decided to play my guitar for the 8-10 minute period. Thank the lord I had wired my room with GFI breakers and when the water reached the extension cord on the ground, the lights went out.

After about a twenty gallon mop job on my basement floor, I went back and put the overhead lights on a seperate GFI breaker so I would have lighting on my next spill!

Yes I was a total Dumb A that day, but a lesson well learned.

Back
Top Bottom