a couple of things...do you know what they are??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_b1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey...a few things to ID, if you can....
first one is about the size of a penny, it seems to have a little hole in the middle as of this morning and the texture has gone from fluffy looking to a little more cell like....
number 2, i have a couple of these little things growin out of the LR and every now and then they are open and every now and then they are closed?
number 3 is an almost impossible...a crab that you can only JUST see, but is too shy to come out....i really just want to know if its safe to keep.
thanks in advance, and i hope i attached the pics right
DSCF8688.jpg
DSCF8689.jpg
DSCF8685.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8688.jpg
    DSCF8688.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF8689.jpg
    DSCF8689.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF8685.jpg
    DSCF8685.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 61
#1 looks to be a type of sponge maybe, i have several of these that are different colors, i am not sure about the rest, but i never trust any crabs lol. I had a couple that i got in my live rock and i just got rid of them. I am sure someone can help out with #2 as i am not sure about that one.

The first one is definately a sponge. I have a very similar one in my tank, only purple. It has the same kind of hole in the middle. If you wanna be completely sure just see what it feels like. If it's soft and slimey it's a sponge.

My button polyp looked like pic #2 before it fully "bloomed", mine had a purple stalk and has turned brown with green center. hope this helps...

cool, thanks for all the info...im in the process of tryin to catch Sebastian, the crab.

Back
Top Bottom