A few ID's for you...Pic Heavy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyMonkey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I came up on a deal. I bought the entire contents of someones 2 tanks. I was able to ID most of it but a few things have me stumped. Let me know if you see anything you recognize.

Fish: Bottom dwelling goby of some sort?

img_482903_0_6212a28b63a0a0ad4012f2027e46e6ec.jpg

Soft coral of some sort. Green tips. Purple heads on it. They close up at night for the most part.

img_482903_1_b79e525135301a1f1c0ff81a3e94d437.jpg

Small Kenya Tree? Not sure on this one either. I want to make sure I have these in the right flow and lighting.
img_482903_2_8a2c33a6ce3781cbbd5c275d9485d4d4.jpg

Odd slug looking things. 2 of them. Put them in the QT tank for now. There is a Green thing next to one. It had a large yellow fan on the end. I think it did not make it. (these sat in a bucket on a rock for 2 days and are still kicking)
img_482903_3_b73ad7107da5cbcf459801bfcae335d7.jpg

Thanks.

Well, the goby I believe is some sort of watchman. Not sure what species.
The coral is green star polyps.
The next coral I have no idea. Possibly capnella sp.
The last things are peanut worms and the green thing looks like a featherduster out of his tube.

Thanks Fluff. I just had a fellow reefer over to look at my tank. She suggested the Third pic is a Colt Coral. As far as the Peanut Worms go, from what I read it is safe to add to my show tank right? It says they eat microscopic organisms. Good, bad, indifferent?

It could be a colt. Nice coral.
The peanut worms are rock boring worms and yes, they are reef safe. Great little cleaners.

I would guess colt coral also....

Perhaps the other fish is a diamond goby, hard to tell for sure. Either way I would watch out as they are jumpers. Many have been found on the floor in the morning. My dog brought me a dried up one once.

Thanks. To be honest. This little fish bugs me. I will likely send him to live with another. He keeps on rearanging my sand. Darnet.

Back
Top Bottom