A good foreground plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cee219

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone knows a relatively easy to take care of foreground plant? Preferably generally available?

I might go back to my LFS and order something, they don't have a lot currently.

What kind of lighting do you have? What size aquarium are you planning to put it in? Most foreground plants require high light with good nutrients. One of the few that doesn't is Marsilea sp. (Clover).

I have a ten gallon planted (it's for my soon dwarf puffers).

I have high intensity light that I added and everything has been growing great for the last month. I also use ferts and have flourite gravel so I feel like I could probably take on something...

Can you be more specific about your lighting? How many watts and the bulb type?

I have an incadescent hood actually... so I have two 13 W (I believe) spiral flourescent incadescents that apparently are "60 W" equivilents - or so I was informed. Anyways, they've grown good plants in the last year I've used them.

I have some Red Ludwigia that supposedly needs good lighting that grows like it's on a mission. But maybe that's pretty common.

Okay that would probably put your aquarium somewhere between low and medium low light. As such marsilea sp. is going to be about your only option, unless you get higher wattage bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom