a little help stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a 29 gallon yoused to be freshwater i am thinking of converting it to salt water what would i need
and when its set up what should i stock it with :thanks:

some what small buget

Look at places like liveaquaria.com for ideas. They list suggested tank sizes, compatability, etc. your choices will be limited, but there are several cool fish that could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You would need powerheads, salt, test kits, live rock, aragonite sand, and if you want coral some better lights.

As for the stocking... I agree with todd

i have a 29 gallon yoused to be freshwater i am thinking of converting it to salt water what would i need
and when its set up what should i stock it with :thanks:
some what small buget

After your tank is cycled, the first thing I would go with is the clean up crew. Are you doing Fwlr, corals, or mix?
Make the list of the livestock you would like to keep and then check out if they will be compatible with each other . As Todd said Live Aquaria has a good chart for that.Put them into the tank based on their aggression level; most peaceful first or least aggressive. You can mix this level but it can be very heart breaking. What aggression level do you want to keep then start adding others while checking your nitrite and ammonia levels closely to make sure you aren't overloading your bio's
Good luck

And a protein skimmer is a very useful tool and some what vital to a clean tank

And a protein skimmer is a very useful tool and some what vital to a clean tank

But you could also get away with regular water changes on a smaller tank and still be fine. Especially a fish-only. I'm not knocking the skimmer suggestion, just saying it isn't a necessity on smaller tanks.

would 2 clown fish and a fire goby and some shrimp work

Later on once cycled hermit crabs always good to start with very hardy animals

Have a 29 high. Have two clowns, Firefish, & shrimp /goby pair. Seems to be working pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom