A Shrubbery!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone recommend a plant for my tank that is a small bushy plant that won't grow up so quickly? I have high lighting, have no CO2, but I am keeping lights down on the hours and doing Excel dosing. The easier the plant is to handle, the better for me.

Bonus points for the ID of my post title.

Lobelia cardinalis small form? I just got some so i haven't had it too long, but it's under 2 wpg and doing fine. Glenc has some in his 75 under medium light and it looks great.

You might also want to consider Hemianthus micranthemoides, commonly referred to as baby tears or pearl grass. It does well under medium light and does not require CO2 to thrive. It stays low and will form a nice, brightly colored bush. One of my favorites :)

newfound77951 said:
That was my next suggestion except that for me it creeps instead of forming a shrub...

That really depends on the tank. I've never had it creep for me unless I trimmed it severly to encourage it to creep. Left to its own devices it definately creates more of a shrub.

Back
Top Bottom