A sub forum for Tank Journals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alan79

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been a member here for a few months now but have also checked out a few other forums i have come across while googling for different information. I love this site. It has a helpful community and a very friendly group of experienced and enthusiastic newcomers to this hobby. I'm hooked and will keep offering a helping hand when and where i can. But i'd love to have a subforum with tank journals so i could browse peoples threads without having to peruse loads of pages to find them.

I think that keeping them all in one place would be far more convenient than having them 5 journal threads spread among 20-30 pages of questions about lighting, substrate and stocking questions. I had been reading this site for a month before spotting some pretty long running threads like that of Rivercats 220 diary http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939.html.

This tank basically inspired me to research dutch planting after knowing i wanted something like this gorgeous tank in my living room. I usually wind up following links to threads in peoples signatures to find well documented journal threads.When i find a 50 page thread i am usually keen to see the journey a tank has undergone. So again it would be nice to arrange them in an easy to find sub forum.

I haven't been here long but thought i would bring this topic up. Maybe it's possible that we could see a new sub section for tank journals.

Edit- should have posted this in off topic.

Last edited:
Hi Alan, and thanks for posting your suggestion. Many changes around here have come from great user suggestions!

With this one, we have tried it before, and went back the other way. It is always a challenge to balance ease of navigating the site, categorizing threads, and maintaining sub forums that have enough traffic to keep folks checking back. We have found that for the time being, we like having journal threads in their appropriate subforum, instead of maintaining a separate subforum for them. This way if it is reef, it can go there, if it is FOWLR, Cichlid, Invert, Planted, etc, it can go in the respective forum.

Like I said, we appreciate suggestions, and certainly this one comes up among the staff from time to time and always has good arguments for and against. It is possible it could go back the other way at some point...

Back
Top Bottom