AC110 best choice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steez

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm running a API Nexx canister and a Topfin60 HOB(cheapo petsmart 55gal starter kit) filter on my 55g.

Would an AC110 be my best bet to replace the topfin with?

edit: shoulda put this in with hardware....it's late lol

I have the canister already that I can just add extensions to. I was just thinking that a new hob filter would be better than that crappy one

I guess I wasn't really thinking...I could still get rid of that HOB filter if I got another canister. :D

I like canisters a lot more than HOB's. Some people like the waterfall sound though so I wasn't sure if you just wanted to stick with a HOB or what.

I'd probably go with a single large canister just to save on electricity, but a lot of people like to run 2 filters at once, so either way works.

I guess I just see a lot of people with can + hob, and that's what I'm running. But my hob is pretty bad, and my canister isn't enough alone. So i could get a new hob and put the current Topfin60 hob on my 10g tank.

As far as HOB's are concerned...the AC110 is an excellent choice...hands down. I would like to try a canister someday though...never had one.

Yes, the AC110 would be a great upgrade.

If I upgraded the canister I would go with a Fluval 405.

Back
Top Bottom