ACF and XL comets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
M curious- I would like to have my three ACFs in my 90 gallon over-winter goldfish tank (they are in a pond in the spring and summer). The frogs are about 3 inches, pretty hefty, and not interested in any feeder fish I put with the. ( they just adore their wax worms and pellets) and the comets are about 1.5 lbs, 8 inches log and couldn't care less about any tank mates. They've been with Bettas, mollies, itty bitty goldfish, never touched any of them. Do you think I could get away with putting my ACfs with the goldfish? I want them to have more space.

I would only worry about the temp. I always kept mine ACF at a higher temp than goldfish would require. They must love being in a pond during summer!

Yeah I've heard so many mixed reviews on heater vs no heater with ACFs... I wish there was one source that had completely accurate info! Every site contradicts the last one!! Gah.

Yeah the Goldie's lllooovveee their pond :) I feel so bad bringing them in in the winter though lol. But we're planning on building an indoor pond so they have all that space all year round, then we can get a turtle too!

Back
Top Bottom