Add cured or uncured live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

borlaracing9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I started my first cycle about 5 days ago with a decent amount of cured live rock (35 lbs or so), but i have the opportunity to get more at a really good price this week only at my LFS..Would it effect my first cycle to add more live rock?

It can't hurt and may help, depending what they've done to cure it. Go for it.

also 5 days isnt too far into your cycle to worry about changing anything...
do it while you can!!!

If you are adding cured LR you wont see much of a mini cycle at all. You would definitely be good to go.

thanks for your help guys as usual! Heres some pics of my tank with all my rock in it now sorry about the quality digital camera is dead so i used my phone. Only thing left is the best part THE FISH! :p

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 99
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 103
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 109
thanks a lot for the helpful tips and compliments guys! I will be posting more pictures once i get fish in within the next couple weeks :D

nice aquascaping job. I'd rip out that macro algae while you can.

Thank you jaybird! which macro algae are you refering to the plant matter on my live rock? Or was it something on my glass? Sorry im still a newbie and suck at spotting stuff like that!

I would get a background, just like a blue or black it makes a huge difference, also what size tank is that?

Oh, and if I am not mistaken, I believe that is a Tetra Heater, I would take it out of there, I have the same one and in SW the labels all came off and it started leaking water inside it.

Oh, and if I am not mistaken, I believe that is a Tetra Heater, I would take it out of there, I have the same one and in SW the labels all came off and it started leaking water inside it.

I did not know that! I will keep an eye on it to make sure that doesnt happen with mine. Thanks for the tip!

I have a hydor heater that died when I put it in salt water. Well, not exactly died. The thermostat doesn't do anything any more. I set the dial to 77F and it will heat to water to well above 100F

Back
Top Bottom