Add sub-forum for ID on algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there any chance you could add a sub-forum for already ID'ed algae. It seems there are so many types, we run into in our tanks. I was wondering if it might not be a good idea of having some pic with IDs. I suggest, take some of the clearer pics and post them with their names. The reason I am asking is, when we post pics or try to match them to an online site, they usually don't look anywhere close.

Well, see what you folks think.

Cool, is there any way we could have folks submit theirs and pick the most detailed pics, or would that be too much bandwidth or cause problems until we get a good variety?

Why doesnt someone gather all the data, include pics and make an article on algae identification for the articles section?

I wouldn't mind doing it. I will definitely need some help in the ID side. But I can crop the pics, and have a presentation and hopefully learn a lot. How would you suggest I do this?

I would start a post asking for pictures to be sent to you and go from there...when you get it all put together, send the finished product to any of the moderators. It will then get reviewed by the staff for approval and then posted when approved.

We encourage all members that have the time and inclination to submit articles whenever they can!

Should I post in all the SW forums, for more coverage? Suggestions...?

If it were me, I would post it in the ID area for now and see how it goes...

Back
Top Bottom