Added my Cleanup crew!!!!! Few questions ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well after my cycle and taking some water to the LFS for testing, I was told to go ahead and add in some Snails and Hermits.

I added 20 Turbo Snails, to which the guy at my LFS said I would need 30, and 5 Brown leg hermits, I wanted Blue but they were fresh out!!!

They are so cool .... it's amazing what a difference a little life makes in the tank, and how quickly those little buggers had my tank clean! Now my next object is to capture that little menace Yellow Tail and trade him to the LFS.

My questions are ... I want a star ..... BAD! Bristle star, Serpent Star, something, anything. What are the best type of stars? I noticed the LR from my LFS has some nice hitchhiker stars on them and was wondering if I wait a couple weeks and throw in a piece of this LR with a star on it what are the possibilities it will survive? Or should I just order a star or pick one up from my LFS they only have Serpents, Bristle, and Chocolate chip available?

Also ... I want to order some Electric Blue Hermits, will they mingle with the others or should I expect war?

Thanks
Jermz

You dont want blue leg hermits anyways. Everyone says the red legs are much much better.

What size is your tank? If you dont have much brown algea in there I dont know what that many snails would eat... Although mine dont seem to do anything anyways :)

The most valuable part of my crew is the hermits, they do the majority of the cleaning.

I have the same question about the starfish. I dont know if they would be OK or not, I was told not to get one because they can be destructive to corals and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom