Adding a filter, need advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeritself

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm searching for advice on adding a filter to my aquarium that will eventually become my only filter. I have a HOB filter on my 55 gallon currently, but I just got a great deal on a Fluval 306 and a Fluval 406. They are used (for 3 months), but I couldn't pass up the offer. There is no history of illness in the prior tanks. They are both loaded with media currently. I would like to add the 406 on my aquarium and remove the HOB, but I gotta say I have no idea what the best route is. I assume I should leave the HOB running in conjunction with the 406 for a while? Please advise. Thanks!

I have a 40gal tank and I started with a marineland penguin 350 HOB filter then upgraded to a Fluval 306 but I never removed the HOB filter.... I run both of them and my tank stays amazingly clean works great together

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Leave them running together for 3-4 weeks. No one says you ever have to remove the HOB, unless you want to :)

Leave them running together for 3-4 weeks. No one says you ever have to remove the HOB, unless you want to :)

The HOB is louder than I'd like. It was a rushed purchase and I chose poorly. Can I keep the previous tank's media there or start fresh?

Keep the HoB until the 406 is seeded. Then add the second canister.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom