Adding fish to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have a goldfish who has been in a hospital tank now for 2 weeks. It was a friends fish who had severe ammonia burns to its tail under its stomach and ended up with fluid in its eye. Anyway it is now recovered and looking great. The poor thing is so bored in the hospital bowl and looking miserable. I'm worried if I keep it in the tank any longer it might die. Anyway how would I go about adding him to my tank with my other two goldfish? Do fish fight or become territorial? The tank I have is around 50 litres or so, but I currently have another new tank cycling which I set up it just has to go through the cycling process. I want to see if they get along first in the old tank before they go in the new tank in a few weeks or so. If they don't get along I will get a bigger tank for the fish. Your help would be really helpful .

When I add new fish, I usually do it after feeding the current inhabitants and then also keep the lights low to minimize stress. I've never had a problem.

Thank you. The fish has just been treated for ammonia burns. Been in hospital tank for two weeks. It still has a couple of red lines not sure if they are veins? Do you think it will be ok to go in. now? It is looking so much better now. Thanks for your help I will do the feeding thing as you said :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom