adding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gvillboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to add some peacocks (male and female) to my 55 gallon fish tank but I don't know what kind to get. I want something very bright that will stand out in my tank...I was thinking yellow, blue, or red. Any suggestions?

I want to add some peacocks (male and female) to my 55 gallon fish tank but I don't know what kind to get. I want something very bright that will stand out in my tank...I was thinking yellow, blue, or red. Any suggestions?
Peacocks are beautiful! What else in in the tank?

I have 3 flame backs two sp. 44 and one red flank from lake Victoria, two frontosas, 3 black calvus and a gold head from lake tanganyika. My make and female angel fish which I'm taking out and two albino African mix.

They only show aggression when their toes are stepped on! Or than just run away!

I think before you can consider buying any more fish I would really look into your current stock. Just because they are all African cichlids doesn't mean they can all go together, they all have different aggression levels, water parameters and dietary needs.

tsk5035 said:
I thought frontosa were super aggressive? Lol

No more than any other African. In my experience they've been less aggressive than my mbunas.

Mogurako said:
I think before you can consider buying any more fish I would really look into your current stock. Just because they are all African cichlids doesn't mean they can all go together, they all have different aggression levels, water parameters and dietary needs.

I totally agree. Just cuz you can put them all in the same tank doesn't mean you should. (for the health and happiness of the fish)

Back
Top Bottom