Adding plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nategi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 20 gallon long currently has all fake plants, I want to change things up a bit and get 1 or 2 live plants. What are some plants that I could get from petsmart or petco that are VERY easy to maintain. I know nothing about plants. I don't remember what bulb I have but it is quite bright, and there is some algae in my tank so something can grow in it. haha

You're going to have to give some more info on your lighting first... Anubias or java fern will grow in just about no light, but other than that, we'll need to know exactly what kind of light, how many watts, and what color temperature the bulb is.

I just took the bulb off to look at, and it is a Marineland F15T8 Natural Daylight. I tried searching online and I can't seem to find the specs for it though.

Its a 15w bulb if I'm not mistaken... There are a few other plants that would probably be OK, but I would suggest one of the two I mentioned previously... or both. They're really easy to take care of, and don't really require anything special... give them light, they will grow.

Back
Top Bottom