Adding tiger barbs back to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sebastienb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys,

I have a 55 gal with the following fish:

- 1 elephant nose
- 1 black marble angel
- 3 mollies
- 6 zebra danios
- 3 clown loaches
- 1 pleco

3 weeks ago i had the same ( except for the clown loaches) and 8 tiger barbs. They were bought at the same time but in the tank they seemed to stay divided into small groups and some would randomly try to nip my angel. I saw one succeed once so i moved them to a 10 gallon tank while. Now, 2 have died, seemed to be 2 that were weak since i bought them and the rest 6 are always together in the 10 gal. I want to add them back to my 55 gal as they were always very active and fun to look at.

My reasoning is that since they are now a pact that they might leave the angel alone. My tank also has a lot more plants so there is now a lot of different areas for them not to run into each other.

What do you think ? might try it tonight since i can be home over the weekend to keep an eye on them.

My advice is NO. Tiger barbs are notorious fin nippers. I like them too but I had a batch so bad that they were nipping each other do death. I gave them away.

You posted awhile back about randomly losing fish out of the tank. Have any in the display tank died since you removed the tiger barbs?

Not sure it was me, I had lost a clown loach once but found him the next day, he tends to hide a lot more then the other 2 but comes out to eat :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom