Addition of new tank to system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiegs531

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 125 FOWLR aggresive tank. I am restarting my 55 in addition. Can I tie in the 55 into the 125 system without any problems? Its RO/DI water, live sand, live rock that has been running for a couple days. The 125 has been established for 2 years. Thought, concerns......
Thanks

How are you planning to deal with water-flow? I'm sure your current sump is only designed to handle the 125g.

If you do proceed with this, I would match all of the water parameters so there isn't any big fluctuations.

Yeah, thats my concern. Im also nervous of overflow if one pump craps out. These are my concerns and to see if people think this is a feasible idea or just a bad one.

A large water change is replacing the water while this is adding water.

How much water is in your return section right now (height wise)? I believe there is a method to prevent your sump from flooding when the power goes out. It involved something like:

1. shutting off everything (overflow, sump, etc.)
2. Have enough water in the DT so that its right below the level needed for the overflow to work
3. Fill up the sump until it reaches the max capacity you want it to be. Mark this spot.

Back
Top Bottom