ADFs and baby Silver Mollys - when?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dunder-head

Aquarium Advice Regular
Our baby silver mollys are now ~8 weeks (or at least 8 weeks since i spotted them for the first time!). They are about 2cm (0.8 inches) at the moment. We are getting 2 dwarf african frogs at some point, and obv. want to wait until the mollys are big enough not to get eaten; basically, how big should the mollys be before we get the ADFs? Cheers!

:fish2:

I would suggest they be longer than 1.5-2 inches. Depends on the ADF. I once had one that ate 3 of my neon tetras...O_O

i keep my ADFs with newborn swordtails,they dont go after them at all.

lol I guess it depends on how hungry they are and whether or not they're lazy :p

Ches said:
I would suggest they be longer than 1.5-2 inches. Depends on the ADF. I once had one that ate 3 of my neon tetras...O_O

Sometimes when people buy what they think are ADF, there actually (the actual name escapes me) African Clawed Frogs? and they enjoy eating fish, and they get big.

Sometimes when people buy what they think are ADF, there actually (the actual name escapes me) African Clawed Frogs? and they enjoy eating fish, and they get big.

There are plenty of ADF's that aren't fish friendly as well.

I have one now, Sid Vicious I call him, that I couldn't mix any fish with..he's way too aggressive. If you are going to try it, I would wait until they are 1.5-2". You have to remember they are nearly blind, so when something unfamiliar is moving in the water around them they are likely to go after them a bit to see if they are edible, atleast at first.

siva said:
There are plenty of ADF's that aren't fish friendly as well.

I have one now, Sid Vicious I call him, that I couldn't mix any fish with..he's way too aggressive.

Really? How big is he?

Yep, they're commonly confused. Clawed frogs can get very large... I want to say the size of your palm

Back
Top Bottom