Advice/Help needed please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hollyalice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, first post to the forum (I'm new)!
I currently own a biorb 30L tank, I know they have recieved some bad rep but aside from that, it's my first tank.
I've had it for around a year stocking 4 corys and a few male adult guppies. Recently however I've had a huge build up of floating dusty brown particles which I can't shift!
The filter isn't great at getting rid of them despite my efforts to manually sift out the particles also.
Please could someone advise me what to do next! It's driving me crazy..

Many thanks! :) open to any suggestions as to what to do!
Mobile Uploads by Holly Bear | Photobucket

image_zpsqnramlrk.jpeg.html

Hi, welcome :)

I was wondering where you think the particles are coming from? Filter? Gravel?

Also water change schedule, if you gravel vac and filter clean schedule?

Hi, welcome :)

I was wondering where you think the particles are coming from? Filter? Gravel?

Also water change schedule, if you gravel vac and filter clean schedule?
I think it's gravel related.. As some are thick full of the brown stuff, often gunky towards the very bottom.
I do 50% water change monthly and gravel vac at this time also but I can never get rid of it all :(.
Starting to think I chose the wrong tank!

I would do weekly water changes. Not only will it remove waste on a more frequent basis, it will lead to a more healthier tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would do weekly water changes. Not only will it remove waste on a more frequent basis, it will lead to a more healthier tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Would you say 30% weekly changes? Will give it a go thank you.

I agree as well. That's about the change on my tank each week. I tried fortnightly but it just didn't work.
I used to do fort nightly, so I'm thinking the lack of water changes could be the problem to the build up!

Back
Top Bottom