Advice on plants plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started my tank a month ago and i also have low lighting (cant afford better light atm). Java Fern, Apongeton Capournii, and Hornwort/Anacharis are good plants for low light, and are doing good in my tank. I have two Water Wisteria, one which is flourishing and the other is wilting and stunted growth, so you might get mixed results with that. I've heard Swords are able to survive in low light, but wont grow much. Hope this helps!

Ziggs180 said:
I started my tank a month ago and i also have low lighting (cant afford better light atm). Java Fern, Apongeton Capournii, and Hornwort/Anacharis are good plants for low light, and are doing good in my tank. I have two Water Wisteria, one which is flourishing and the other is wilting and stunted growth, so you might get mixed results with that. I've heard Swords are able to survive in low light, but wont grow much. Hope this helps!

This helps alot im still quite new to this hobby so have no idea about plants, thank you :)

Also does it make any difference that I'll be planting them in sand??

planted tank is a great resource as suggested above. I would also suggest checking out the site AquariumPlants.com

You don't have to buy from them if you find a better source, but they have their plant offerings sorted by lighting needs as well as some precreated aquascaping packages which might help guide you to some ideas for aquascaping, colour, and dimension in your new tank. They also have good deals on occassion for shipping and purchases.

Lastly, I always love to be inspired when working with planted tanks. If you are not already familiar, check out Amano Takashi's aquariums. :) Nature Aquarium Photographs | AmanoTakashi.net

kaiofcanada said:
planted tank is a great resource as suggested above. I would also suggest checking out the site AquariumPlants.com

You don't have to buy from them if you find a better source, but they have their plant offerings sorted by lighting needs as well as some precreated aquascaping packages which might help guide you to some ideas for aquascaping, colour, and dimension in your new tank. They also have good deals on occassion for shipping and purchases.

Lastly, I always love to be inspired when working with planted tanks. If you are not already familiar, check out Amano Takashi's aquariums. :) Nature Aquarium Photographs | AmanoTakashi.net

This is gonna help me alot, definitely gonna look at the pre-created packages as I'm not familiar with any plants, aquarium or garden plants lol. And yeah amano takashi is a genius, his tanks look amazing. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom