Advice on setting up 10 gal low tech shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, setting up a 10 gallon low tech shrimp tank. As of now I have java moss, a few marimo moss balls, and making a 'moss tree' with christmas moss in the center. The substrate is all black sand from top to bottom. I will not be adding Co2. I would hope not to have to deal with ferts due to copper, but i do have flourish if need be. I have a dual cfl fixture. I am just looking for some advice on low tech plants that would do well in this tank to offer cover for the shrimp and make them feel at home. :)

Hi,I have a 10g shrimp/fish planted tank I've had up for awhile now..I can tell you that you'll need to add ferts for plants,I dose dry ferts(macro&micro)+glut daily in this tank with no ill effects on my shrimp&as a matter of fact they are thriving...new shrimplets every week..below is a pic as it currently sits..

ForumRunner_20130207_160911.jpg

Great looking tank tiger! Okay, I was maybe leaning to using flourish comp. all the copper still scares me. I do not want to deal with co2 and swinging ph levels.

Back
Top Bottom