Advice on setting up a new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitbull

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have recently joined this forum because I am going to be getting new tropical fish, i havn't had much luck in the past with them and was wondering if you could offer advice to me and tell me all the sorts of things i should look out for and what sort of fish i should get. I have a 10 gallon tank with a filter, heater , themometer and lights.
Please could you give me advice on what I should do in order to keep my fish alive, thank you so much :D

Welcome aboard!

I'd like to suggest you read the stickie on "fishless cycling" first so that when you are ready for fish your tank will be in the best condition possible.

+1 for the fishless cycle. There's a link in my signature. Also, do your homework before deciding you want a certain fish. It's very easy to pick the wrong fish for a 10g. If you have questions, feel free to ask here.

IMO I would like a Zerbra Danio before a neon. Granted, they aren't as bright but they are a much hardier fish. Also i think some cherry barbs would do OK as well.

Back
Top Bottom