advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok here it is My plants look like crap since i redid my 100gal. tank, I redid my tank a little over a month ago.
In my tank I have eco complete as substrate, temp is 80*, my lighting it only 1.2 watts per gal. with cfl at 6700k,
Fish
4 red sarpea tetras
4 neon tetras
2 clown plecos
2 clown loaches
3 albino cory cats
2 pearl gouramis

My parameters
nitrate is between 0 and 5 it was a little darker than 0 and a little light than 5
nitrite is 0
Ammonia 0
My PH is on the high range at 8.2

I know I need more fish to raise the nitrate that my plants need and I am working on that but my plants have always looked good in the past untill i changed substrate. I do a 50% pwc once a week. I have ordered some root tabs for my vals and other root feeder plants. Any suggestion would be great. you can see pics of my tank in my profile.

TIA

you took away all their nutrients. all the build up in the gravel is plant food. first when you move plants it some times takes time for them to reestablish their self. while you dont have to add more fish if you dont want too. your orther thread looking for ferts might be the best way. i would dose in small amounts and root tabs are a good idea. it will take some time for the nutrients in the gravel to build back up.

Thanks MG, I am not sure what ferts I would need to order besides the root tabs. I also thought that eco complete was supposed to have some nutrients in it.

its a little miss leading in that. none of the major substrate brands out there has any pnk. which are the macro ferts.

For Dosing Traces & Iron Traces and Iron
Plantex CSM+B

For Dosing Potassium and Nitrate Potassium Nitrate
KNO3

For Dosing Potassium Potassium Sulfate
K2SO4

and some times needed

For Dosing Phosphates Mono Potassium Phosphate
KH2PO4

thanks again MG I will be looking to place an order soon then I will probably be back on with wondering how much to dose LOL

Back
Top Bottom