Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I remove 1-2 of the gourami?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends(please reply)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Arclouvet

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been doing my research and I have come to the conclusion that eventually I might have to remove some of my dwarf honey gouramis. I however would like to preserve them in my community tank if at all possible.

The tank is a 15gal vertical tank. Heavily planted at the bottom. The three of my gouramis have not exhibited chasing or even bluff charges, frankly I’ve only seen them charge the tetras for getting in their current swimming space. They either group together in a line or 2 at a time, all three are males there are no females present. In the community are 6 long fin glo tetras and 6 snails, I plan to add three male panda Cory as well.

I was told by the store who sold them to me they’d be fine but my research suggested the opposite. They are very pretty and are the only yellow things in the aquarium.

Bump. I’m trying to attract attention so I can get some answers/advice.

I don't keep any of those fish really, so just a general observation of my experience. It's always a roll of the dice if fish will go together or not. What one person says works for them, might not for you, and vice versa. So, if it's working right now stay with it and it might work out great. If not, just have a back up plan ready. But I personally wouldn't make any changes until I needed to

No Problem here

I have a pair of male HG's and am thinking to add 2-3 more. There are a couple of rams, rasboras, corys and 2 algae eaters. The HG's chase each other but pretty much ignore the others except to defend their own space. It doesn't sound like you have a problem, just that you are waiting for one to happen. If it's not broke...

Thank you they seem to group together at night like a family and have stopped chasing each other. They are still babies so I don’t know their genders. I’ve named them even!
King II Leo(they got serious beef with their reflection) Pineapple(they are shy and hide in the acrylic pineapple hide I have)

Thank you they seem to group together at night like a family and have stopped chasing each other. They are still babies so I don’t know their genders. I’ve named them even!
King II Leo(they got serious beef with their reflection) Pineapple(they are shy and hide in the acrylic pineapple hide I have)
Haha! That's great!

Back
Top Bottom