aeration in planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
I read that lots of surface agitation during.the day isnt a good thing because youd
Lose a bunch of your injected co2...

But that it was beneficial to turn on airstones, etc at night because the fish and plants would appreciate the increased O2 leves

Wondering if anyone follows these practices..

Do you find it makes a difference?
Im thinkin of setting something up on a timer like youve done.... i think im leaning towards some air stones hidden in the back

I couldn't say if its making a difference for the plants and/or fish. I mainly do it to get some surface movement. Without it a pretty gnarly film builds up.

Tank Aeration

I read that lots of surface agitation during.the day isnt a good thing because youd
Lose a bunch of your injected co2...

But that it was beneficial to turn on airstones, etc at night because the fish and plants would appreciate the increased O2 leves

Wondering if anyone follows these practices..

Hello fish...

The surface movement created by your filter system mixes oxygen into the tank water. A filter with a gallon per hour (gph) rating of roughly 4 times the volume of your tank in gallons is all that's needed. Airstones add bit more surface movement and will reduce the CO2, but not much. The very small bubbles make little difference.

I can tell you that a regular water change routine and filter maintenance is all that's really needed to guarantee a healthy environment for fish and plants.

B

Hello fish...

The surface movement created by your filter system mixes oxygen into the tank water. A filter with a gallon per hour (gph) rating of roughly 4 times the volume of your tank in gallons is all that's needed. Airstones add bit more surface movement and will reduce the CO2, but not much. The very small bubbles make little difference.

I can tell you that a regular water change routine and filter maintenance is all that's really needed to guarantee a healthy environment for fish and plants.

B

Sweet. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me :)

Im all about them wcs. Dont you worry :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom