African Dwarf Frog Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksfishguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
My nine year old son bought an ADF last week. I have been feeding flakes, crisps, shrimp pellets and just picked up some brine shrimp for him/her. I highly recommend these guys for a tank, real change of pace and fun to watch!

try feeding him frozen bloodworms, but brine shrimp are good, if not really messy. actually keep him on frozen foods only, as flakes tend to have insufficient protein.

they also enjoy the company of their own kind, pick some up from walmart (preferably the poor ones in the cups, on the verge of death) they will make it, just give them some good food, and they are kickin' again) they cost like $3.50

be sure not to get the "albino ones" from walmart, they are really clawed frogs, and will eath the adfs

adfs are great, but they got killed off by a clawed frog, whom i did not pick out. now i just have the acf

That is what happened to me... I got clawed frogs sold as dwarf frogs. Surprisingly they didn't eat the one dwarf I already had for several years. They are really big now, probably 4 or 5 inches when they're stretched out. I will only get dwarf frogs in the future now that I know what to look for since when the clawed frogs are babies they look like dwarfes and many lfs people can't tell the difference.

But look... they're hugging (or maybe....)!
img_706867_0_b4c8de30cdbf241bf8404f7da281994d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom